Civil Personal Registration Number

After obtaining your residence permit/registration certificate and a permanent address in Denmark, you must notify your local municipality of your arrival within 5 days and register for your Danish CPR number (social security number) and national health insurance card.


The CPR number is used when dealing with public authorities and will ensure that you can get free medical help, open a bank account, register at the tax authorities, use public libraries, salary payment and the like. It usually takes up to 2 weeks before you receive your CPR number.

If you move or relocate after you have been registered in the system, you are obliged to report this to your (new) municipality. Before leaving Denmark, you must also notify the Citizen Service of your departure.




How to Apply for a CPR Number

How to register:

Go to the nearest Citizen Service Centre bringing the following documentation:


  • Application form:
  • Valid residence permit/registration certificate (Nordic citizens excepted)
  • Nordic CPR number if entry from a Nordic country
  • Passport/National ID card with picture (a driver’s license is not a valid ID)
  •  A proof of your address in Denmark (e.g. rental contract or letter from your landlord/owner)
  •  Marriage certificate and/or children’s birth certificates (if applicable)
  • The blue EU health insurance card


For more information:

You can only register with your local office. Please find the address of your local Citizen Service Centre (Borgerservice) below:

Roskilde area (including Trekroner)


Stændertorvet 1

4000 Roskilde

Phone: 4631 3000




Frederiksberg Rådhus, 1st floor

Smallegade 1

2000 Frederiksberg

Phone: 3821 2121


Copenhagen area (including Høje Taastrup)


Nyropsgade 1

1602 København V



For personal enquiries the opening hours are as follows:


Roskilde area:                                      Frederiksberg:                                     Copenhagen area:


Monday-Tuesday: 10-15

Monday and Thursday: 09-17

Monday-Wednesday: 10-17

Wednesday: closed

Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday:

Thursday: 09-18

Thursday: 10-17


Friday: 10-15

Friday: 10-13



Saturday: 10-13 (only the first Saturday in each month)

Saturday-Sunday: Closed

Saturday-Sunday: Closed

Sunday: Closed




 If you live in Copenhagen, you can also register with the International Citizen Service. They also offer assistance with e.g.:


  • Residence permit for non-EU citizens
  • Registration certificate for EU citizens
  • Tax card
  • Civil registration number (CPR)
  • Health insurance card
  • Danish driver’s license

In addition, personal guidance on e.g. student jobs, the Danish tax system, Danish courses, and other useful information concerning your stay in Denmark. For more information:

Copenhagen area

International Citizen Service East

Gyldenløvesgade 11

1600 København

Phone: 3366 6606


Opening hours:
Monday-Wednesday: 10.00-15.00
Thursday: 11.00-15.00 

Friday: 10.00-14.00







Roskilde University
Universitetsvej 1, P.O. Box 260
DK-4000 Roskilde
Phone: +45 4674 2000
EAN-no: 5798000418110
VAT/CVR-no: 29 05 75 59